Www.LankaPhonez.Tk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sri Lankan First Online Phone Market With Privet Messageing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Rename a File In XP that Won't Let you Rename it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mornemorkel

Number of posts : 8
Contact No : 01676533537
Registration date : 2013-08-23

How to Rename a File In XP that Won't Let you Rename it? Empty
PostSubject: How to Rename a File In XP that Won't Let you Rename it?   How to Rename a File In XP that Won't Let you Rename it? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:54 pm

I have two file folders with some of my personal photos in them. I created one of them a few days ago, and then I created another one just an hour ago. I made their file names really long (was describing time, location, etc in the file name) and I believe now Windows XP is having trouble with opening them due to their long file names. Whenever I double click the file, it does not open. Sometimes it flashes the hourglass for a split second but that's it. I have other photo folders in the same section with shorter names that open with no issues.

I tried renaming them by clicking in the name section, and it won't let me rename it. Basically, the file is inaccessible until I rename it I believe... but it won't let me rename it! How do you override this issue and rename it?
Back to top Go down
danim16

Number of posts : 15
Contact No : 1-800-881-6577
Registration date : 2012-08-16

How to Rename a File In XP that Won't Let you Rename it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Rename a File In XP that Won't Let you Rename it?   How to Rename a File In XP that Won't Let you Rename it? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:07 pm

You cannot change the name of libraries however. Also large folders with lots of different files can take longer to load due the amount of data that is being loaded that's why take a help of this software http://longpathtool.com/
Back to top Go down

How to Rename a File In XP that Won't Let you Rename it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Www.LankaPhonez.Tk :: Phone Accessories :: Memory Cards-
Jump to: